Teach to Reach: Connect 5
Meet, network, and learn with fellow immunization professionals from all over the world.
Over 40,000 from 120 countries have already joined.
How does it work?
- Request your invitation to join Teach to Reach: Connect. Your personal invitation will contain instructions to get your ticket from the Hopin platform.
- On the event date and time, use your ticket to join the platform.
- Once you are on the platform, you will be randomly matched with another participant for a five-minute private chat.
- If both parties agree, you can extend this meeting and share contact details… or move on to the next one.
What is it about?
Join Teach to Reach: Connect at any time during one of three hour-long sessions on key topics for immunization professionals.
Each session will have a suggested topic, but you are free to discuss any issues relevant to your immunization work.
The topics are selected by participants of previous Connect event and will be announced soon.
“Peer learning is the key to professional development. And networking is the key to peer learning.”
– A Teach to Reach: Connect participant
Why attend Teach to Reach: Connect?
Tina is a routine immunization supervisor in Kaduna State, Nigeria. She is attending Teach to Reach: Connect for the first time.
What is the point?
- Join Teach to Reach: Connect to build your professional network, to learn about immunization practice in other places, and to share experience and lessons learned.
- During the Teach to Reach Accelerator Conference (26-28 January 2021), attendees enjoyed more than 14,000 successful networking meetings.
Why are we offering Teach to Reach: Connect?
- Teach to Reach: Connect is the first Event organized by the Teach to Reach Global community of action, created for conference attendees, and supported by the Global Council of Learning Leaders for Immunization.
- This unique event will kick off the COVID-19 Vaccine Inter-Country Learning Collaborative, a partnership to support national and sub-national immunization staff involved in COVID-19 vaccine introduction.
How does Teach to Reach: Connect contribute to the ACT Accelerator’s Country Readiness and Delivery workstream?
- Through the ACT Accelerator’s Country Readiness and Delivery workstream, WHO, UNICEF, the Gavi Secretariat and partners are working together to support COVID-19 vaccine introduction.
- Existing top-down approaches toward this goal will be strengthened if they are complemented by peer and action learning opportunities for national and sub-national staff to learn from and support each each other.
Demonstration: how does a networking session actually work?
Click on the video below to see a quick demonstration of a networking meeting during Teach to Reach: Connect.
About the Geneva Learning Foundation’s immunization platform
The Geneva Learning Foundation hosts the largest and fastest-growing community of national and sub-national immunization professionals, with over 30,000 active participants.
- Teach to Reach is the Foundation's flagship programme to transform teaching and learning to achieve the goals of Immunization Agenda 2030.
- Teach to Reach is led by the Global Council of Learning Leaders for Immunization, a voluntary group of 282 professionals from 35 countries who completed the Teach to Reach Level 1 and Level 2 certification in 2020 and organized the first Teach to Reach Accelerator conference (26-28 January 2021).
- Alongside Teach to Reach, our peer learning platform includes the COVID-19 Peer Hub, the Impact Accelerator, and a growing catalogue of Scholar courses developed in close collaboration with global partners and immunization leaders from all levels of the health system and from over 120 countries.